Friday, October 22, 2010

oh yeahhh! decision time yeahh!

In class, we had to come up with a way to relieve our poor scoring grades on our first exam. We had to come up with a decision that would help us raise the grade, but at the same time be reasonable and fair. At the end, we had a succesful decision, where we get the chance to do extra credit as well have a curve added on to our exam. I was personally absent for that day due to sickness, but from what I hear the process was hectic, annoying, and somewhat even overwhelming. Had I been in the class, I would definetly had taken a Compromised type stance, where I would want to get at least something from the whole process, where no matter what people scored, everyone can benefit, espcially for me, since I really messed up. I was filled in that many people tried to take an accomodation stance, where they only tried to benefit themselves, and they did that by being agressive and trying to compete to win to always try and get their point across. I don't believe that, that is the way to go; then again I say that we cannot compare trying to agree on a grading system to that of managing a company, where peopl usually work more for the better increase of the whole company. In a situation like this, I believe that the best way would actually be to have one leader, who would be able to quiet everyone down, and try to by statistics sort out the ways in which we can all resolve these issues. this person should have gone from topic to topic, like first talking about the curve, then the extra credit, then the format of the next test, all with the patient participation of the class. That is somewhat of an utopic view of decision making thought, but would probably give us somewhat better results in a less chaotic  circumastance.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the people that decided to go in front of the class where our self chosen leaders, our time was very limited and we didn't really had a lot of time to chose a leader. I also think that the decision that we made was well explained, everyone quite understood with the exception of a few. I thought it was a great decision making group activity.

    ReplyDelete