Wednesday, November 17, 2010

what's your DISC?

Unfortunately I missed out the class where we did the DISC personality test, but from what I heard of the test you can possibly be 4 different characeristics. One is a C, which is someone who takes time in analyzing details, whos systematic and uses analytic approaches to everything. Type D looks like the opposite, who is dominating, takes controls of the situations and leads things his or her way. Type I is someone who is influential and has the ability to persuade people and lead the way. S, seems like the type that is more laid back, likes to feel sympathy for everyone and put feelings first ahead of everything; which I believe is a negative as a manager.
Personally, I believe that I would be a DI, because I am one who likes to lead in situations, love to have my way with things, and am pretty good at persuading people to follow my theory and ways. Yet, I believe that in an work environment people switch their personalities depending on the situation; where sometimes they feel comfortable enough to lead and other times they want to sit back and go over details and be consciousness about things.  Managers and leaders do need to be sympathetic as well but it is their job to mostly lead, organize, and direct, which would be a perfect DI, which I believe would be me.

2 comments:

  1. Your sense of the Disc is correct even thoug you did not attend the class. I attended the class and I got CD. I believe, a good manager has all these characteristic: sense of consciousness, dominance, steadiness, and influence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being dominance are not the most important management system in my opinion. But influence are certainly one of the main feature to become a successful leader.

    ReplyDelete